Last updated: January 7, 2023
Types of Information Gathered about Users
The Uncorked Project, LLC (“we” or “The Uncorked Project”) appreciates that you care how information about you is used and shared. The information we gather about Users of the website located at www.uncorkedproject.com (“Site”) enables us to provide you with services and information and helps us to personalize and improve our services (“Services”). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you submit an inquiry or provide feedback, become a Subscriber, sign up for our newsletter, submit a video, post content in designated areas, or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and wedding date or professional affiliation (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some may be optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity. Subscribers also must provide certain credit card information to our third-party payment processor. We do not have access to the payment information you provide to our third-party payment processor.
- Information on Facebook®, Instagram®, and Social Media: If you link through, to, or otherwise interact with our Site through our Facebook, Instagram, or other social media account, you also may provide us with information from or accessible through any social media account you have on the same platform.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our Third Party Service Providers. We also may use automated tracking methods through our Site.
How The Uncorked Project Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our Users is a critical part of our business. At present, we do not plan to sell your personally identifiable information to others. If that plan changes, we will notify you in advance and you will have an opportunity to opt out. At present, we may share User information with others in the following ways:
- With Other Authorized Third-Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third-Party Service Providers”), such as providing marketing assistance, distributing newsletters (Mailchimp), operating or hosting our Site (SiteGround), analyzing data (Google Analytics), and processing Subscriber payments (Celero). We may share your personally identifiable information with these Third-Party Service Providers, whose privacy policies are linked above, so they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. The use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
- With Advertisers Other Websites: Our Site may include links to advertisers and other websites. When you access these links, you may be directed away from our Site and the linked website may obtain information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. You may obtain useful information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the Networking Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- With Other Site Users: We will share with other Site Users the optional information you provide in your Subscriber profile, specifically: your profile name, avatar, marital status, wedding date, and biography. If you do not want this information shared with other Site Users, please do not provide it in your Subscriber profile.
Security of Your Information
When you provide us with personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that, even with reasonable security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications or breach protected data storage files. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, secure your password, and sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information with us:
- We will not send you third-party promotional emails without your permission. As a condition of agreeing to these Terms, however, you agree to receive from us promotional and administrative emails related to your activity on our Site or to our products and services, including announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our products and services. We use Mailchimp for our marketing and newsletter program.
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may ask us to stop sending you promotional emails by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our products and services unless you subscribe again.
- Please note that, because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Children’s Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from or about someone under the age of 13, please inform us immediately.
We process your Personal Data only as necessary to offer and provide our services to you. Our legal basis for processing includes:
- Complying with legal requirements.
- Managing and improving our website and our relationship with you.
- Providing you with information about our products and offerings.
We will retain your Personal Data only for so long as reasonably necessary to provide you with the requested services and offer additional products or services to you. We also retain your Personal Data for the time necessary to meet legal requirements and any applicable statute of limitations.
Depending upon the laws applicable to you, the following rights may apply:
- You have the right to object to our processing your Personal Data and, upon receiving such notice, we will stop processing your data, which may mean we cannot ship products to you or provide you with services available only to Subscribers. For example, without your Personal Data we will not be able to arrange for shipping products to you or maintain your status as a Subscriber.
- You may restrict our processing your Personal Data.
- You may ask to update your Personal Data on a going-forward basis.
- You may request a copy of your Personal Data that we have stored and maintained.
- You may request that your Personal Data be deleted, but some Personal Data may not be deleted for legitimate legal reasons.
- You may request that your Personal Data be transferred to another party.
If you ask to exercise any of the above rights, you must send the request to our Privacy Department at email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.